Steve is an accomplished strategy, policy and infrastructure advisory leader in the public and private sectors, with extensive and strong experience across both economic and social markets.
He is a leading expert chair/review team member in assurance and Gateway reviews including program and effectiveness reviews, strategic reviews, business case reviews, pre-tender reviews, and readiness-for-service reviews. Steve has led and participated in several major reviews covering the transport, schools, justice, health, education, water, and telecommunications portfolios. Steve assurance experience includes supporting the Australian Government on major road and rail projects, Gateway Reviews for Infrastructure NSW and NSW Treasury, Infrastructure South Australia, Queensland Treasury and the former Building Queensland.
Steve’s expertise includes team management and leadership, organisational reviews, project leadership and assurance (including Gateway Reviews), business cases, due-diligence, major and complex procurement including Public Private Partnership projects, and international development assistance
- Inland Rail Interface Improvement Program– NineSquared’s project lead providing assurance and technical advice to the Australian Government’s $44 million Inland Rail Interface Improvement Program.
- Assurance Reviews of the New Zealand Transmission Gully Highway PPP Project – lead international reviewer appointed by the New Zealand Infrastructure Commission to conduct Interim and Post-Construction Reviews of the $1 billion Transmission Gully Highway Project (being delivered as an Availability PPP).
- Infrastructure Tasmania’s Gateway Review Panel – NineSquared’s lead representative for Infrastructure Tasmania’s select panel providing Gateway Review management and reporting services for high risk, high value infrastructure projects.
- Annual Risk & Compliance Reviews for the Australian Government’s National Infrastructure Investment Program –Assisted the Australian Government with undertaking assurance and compliance reviews of major road and rail projects across Australia, including the development of a risk management framework.
- Gateway reviews– Led/participated Gateway Reviews in NSW, Queensland, and South Australia in the transport, schools, justice, health, education, water, and telecommunications portfolios covering strategic assessment stage, business cases, procurement and tender phase, and benefits realisation/readiness for service.