Australia’s transport sector is complex and rapidly changing. Change and uncertainty drive the need for innovative, evidence-based decision-making informed by rigorous economic analysis.
NineSquared tackle important and complex problems facing clients in the transport sector, providing them with insightful economic analysis to make strong, evidence-based decisions.
Why is transport economics important?
The Australian transport sector is undergoing significant change with:
- The de-carbonisation of the transport system and the introduction of EVs
- The move towards autonomous and connected vehicles
- The introduction of shared / on-demand services
- Mobility as a service
- Micro-mobility and shared micro-mobility
Evaluating and assessing the impacts of these changes on organisations in the transport sector is critical to their future prosperity.
Transport economics expertise
Combining expertise in transport economics with a strong commercial focus and data led inquiry, we can assist private and public organisations on a range of matters, including:
- Valuing non-market goods – Measuring the economic value of time, safety emissions and other community impacts that are not priced in a market place
- Stated and revealed preference modelling – Providing clients with a richer understanding of the potential value they are creating through their policies and projects as well as understanding demand and willingness to pay for new initiatives and infrastructure
- Economic modelling – Our innovative modelling turns thinking into actionable answers, tailored to the needs of our clients.
- Transport policy development – We can provide advice on measuring the efficacy of transport policies or how best to structure a policy position.
- Pricing and fares – We can help develop and analyse pricing issues and fares proposals, benchmarking against national and international practice and assess the impact of pricing and fares proposals across the community.
- Regulatory arrangements – We can assist in the development of regulatory frameworks for access to regulated assets including economic analysis of access and pricing arrangements.