Rachael is a Manager with 10 years’ experience spanning research and state government sectors in environmental sciences, strategic planning and operational program delivery. Rachael is grounded by scientific discipline with a Doctor of Philosophy in marine science from the University of Queensland and brings a breadth of exposure with her to the NineSquared team with both technical and professional skillsets in the fields of environment and conservation research and management, sustainable development, governance and regulatory reform, and an overarching passion to apply science, economics and tested practices to ethical decision making and rigorous feasibility assessments.
Selected project experience:
- Innovations Connections – Seaweed offset economic model development
- Environmental – offset projects in Western Australia to monitor impacts of industrial development on marine ecosystems
- Government – Industry collaborative Western Australian Oiled Wildlife Response Plans
- Large-scale pesticide monitoring across Great Barrier Reef Catchments
- Coding system development for farm management practices for Environmental Management Plans
- Socioeconomic assessment of marine resource management in Fiji