Anthony is an associate director at NineSquared with a focus on transport economics, cost benefit analysis and infrastructure prioritisation. He has experience in developing prioritisation frameworks across a variety of government departments with a particular focus on passenger and freight rail. Anthony has also undertaken cost benefit analysis for a variety of public and private clients relating to energy efficiency, transport infrastructure, technology and the arts amongst other sectors.
Anthony has previously worked for Deloitte Access Economics in the Infrastructure Advisory team, as well as having roles at Urbis and the Queensland Statistician Office in Queensland Treasury. He is a professional economist with qualifications in Economics and Business Management from the University of Queensland.
Selected project experience
- Undertaking a cost benefit analysis of Stage 1B of the Pacific Motorway Upgrade from Gateway Motorway to Rochedale Road
- Undertaking the cost benefit analysis for the replacement of timber bridges on the Peak Downs Highway
- Developing the cost benefit analysis of flood reduction options for the Goorganga Flood Plain
- Undertaking a cost benefit analysis in relation to proposed upgrades of Lower Dawson Road in Rockhampton
- Undertaking a cost benefit analysis for the upgrading of the Carnarvon Gorge National Park entrance road
- Conducting the cost benefit analysis for PCYC Inala for their facility redevelopment
- Was responsible for the cost benefit analysis for the Queensland State Archives Digital Archiving Program Business Case
- Undertaking an expert peer review for the economic and financial analysis components of the Gold Coast Light Rail business case
- Developing the Rail Prioritisation Tool for the Department of Transport and Main Roads which prioritises passenger and freight rail projects at the early stage of project evaluation
- Developing a mode choice assessment for the North Coast Rail Line using a logit curve model to determine changes in mode share and revenue after a change in rail access charge
- Assessing the economic impact of the reduction of ‘red tape’ for the NSW Better Regulation Office