Byron is a manager with NineSquared with a background in international business, research and economics. He has a Bachelor of Business (International Business /Economics double major) from the Queensland University of Technology and is currently undertaking his CFA qualification. Since joining in mid-2014, Byron has worked in the financial modelling practice, maintaining a financial model for undertaking options analysis options for a technology infrastructure business case. Byron has gained experience in the public transport ticketing environment with responsibility for research and analysis of commercial issues for the Department of Transport and Main Roads Next Generation Ticketing project.
Selected project experience
- Undertaking a cost benefit analysis on a program being delivered to youth in detention for The Right Direction Australia
- Contributing to the cost benefit analysis of upgrading timber bridges on the Peak Downs Highway.
- Contributing to the economics benefit analysis of road upgrade projects to facilitate the transportation of livestock.
- Research and analytic assistance to the Financial and Commercial team for the procurement of an automated fare collection system.
- Researched and presented the whole of system costs of a complex revenue system as input into a financial and economic model to assess the impacts of procurement options.
- Researched procurement options for the procurement of future ticketing solution for a client.
- Developed the strategy and documentation for the formal market sounding process for proposed procurement of an automated fare collection system from TransLink.
- Research and drafted the delivery model options paper for NGT ticketing (TransLink) under a ‘SaaS’ setup including payment structures, allocation of risks, operating responsibilities and contract/performance arrangements.