Uphaar is a Senior Analyst at NineSquared that operates within the intersection of economics and commercial advisory, aiming to provide private and public sector clients with a robust evidence base to inform policy or investment decisions. Uphaar’s expertise lies in economic analysis and modelling, cost-benefit analysis, business case development and commercial strategy across a broad range of sectors including Health, Education, Technology, Arts and Culture, Infrastructure and Defence.
Uphaar previously worked at Deloitte within their Deloitte Access Economics and Infrastructure Advisory and Contestability practices in Sydney and Western Sydney wherein he was involved in a variety of complex projects from developing business cases for large-scale infrastructure projects to conducting complex economic evaluations. Uphaar has a Bachelor of Commerce (Liberal Studies) with majors in Economics, Finance and Commercial Law from the University of Sydney.
Selected project experience:
- Assisted with the development of the business case for the Brisbane Live Entertainment Arena – Roma Street Project, a new circa 18,000 seat indoor arena and ancillary facilities to support the arena’s operation.
- Contributed to the development of a market intelligence brief and commercial strategy for the Department of Defence in order to assist with their procurement of fuel and fuel-related products and services.
- Developed a strategic positioning paper to articulate the vision, quantitative and qualitative benefits, risks and costs, and potential delivery models for an Integrated Education and Training Precinct in NSW.
- Developed a benefits realisation model for a major government agency to capture the economic benefits of their online model that aims to streamline the way businesses transact with all levels of government to obtain the information, approvals and licenses they need.
- Developed a cost benefit analysis model to estimate the impacts of the removal of minimum parking standards in NSW.
- Led the analysis for the estimation for the economic, social and cultural value of screen production in NSW
- Developed an index that measures the concentration of globally skilled workers and their output within an economy as part of a study that aims to identify and implement initiative to help Sydney attract internationally mobile talent
- Assisted with the development of a final business case to help a major university reshape its existing campus network