NineSquared involved in six transport projects funded in Queensland State budget
The 2016-17 Queensland Budget was released earlier this month. The budget outlines Queensland Treasurer Curtis Pitt’s spending commitments over 17 key industries. One of the largest financial commitments for the 2016/17 financial year is the $4.4 billion allocated to Transport and Main Roads. Fourteen projects were highlighted specifically, with six being key initiatives, seven being road based projects and one being a public transport initiative.
Members of NineSquared were instrumental in six of the projects. Of note, NineSquared was the lead economics adviser for:
- The Dawson Highway timber bridge replacement project ($40 million)
- Riverway Drive duplication in Townsville ($30 million)
- Stage 1 of the Rockhampton Road Train Access ($10 million)
- Joint economic adviser on the Cross-River Rail project (an extra $50 million)
In addition, NineSquared provided advice in relation to the
- Pacific Motorway / Gateway Motorway ‘merge’ upgrade’ project ($210 million) and
- Gold Coast Light Rail Project.
We are proud of our involvement in these important projects for the transport sector in Queensland.
For more information contact Ben Ellis or Robin Barlow